Create your central 3D data model from scratch or import from other 3D CAD packages and share building data between all VE for Engineers modules.
- 3D Model data management for all your performance analysis modelling: creation, import, modification, dynamic visualisation
- Build models suitable for any stage of the design process; from simple to fully developed detail
- Room information management, grouping and template creation
- Geometry shared by all VE applications
Calculate the position of the sun in the sky, track solar penetration throughout the building interior and calculate shadows.
- Take into account the sun’s path and solar penetration to optimise your building position and orientation early on
- Understand the impact of the sun on a building and assess how to minimise or maximise the effect of solar gains
- Assess the shading / right to light impact of surrounding buildings & terrain
- Test internal and external solar shading devices
- Generate animated, visual, graphical and numerical output for colleagues, clients or planners
Central simulation processor which enables you to assess every aspect of thermal performance as well as share results and input across a wide variety of other VE for Engineers modules.
- Advanced dynamic thermal simulation at sub-hourly timesteps for better computation of building components
- Assess solar gain on surfaces, surface temperatures and radiant exchanges
- Extensive range of results variables for buildings and systems
- Building & room-level annual, monthly, hourly, and sub-hourly analysis
- Assess passive performance, thermal mass, and temperature distribution
- Link results from ApacheHVAC, MacroFlo, Suncast & RadianceIES and use as integral thermal simulation inputs
- Export results to MicroFlo as boundary conditions for detailed CFD analysis
A detailed 3D simulation tool designed to predict daylight, and the appearance of internal spaces prior to construction.
Sophisticated tool for analysing combined artificial and natural light-levels for daylight harvesting / dimming control assessments.
Offers the daylighting only capabilities of FlucsPro, allowing you to perform point-by-point analysis to determine daylighting levels within a room, or group of rooms.
Allows you to place light fittings anywhere in a room for subsequent analysis using FlucsPro or RadianceIES.
Powerful early stage analysis and climatic / natural resource capabilities improving modelling efficiency and accuracy.
- Concise reporting with interactive filters for easy interrogation
- Energy and Carbon analysis
- Input and manipulate exact building data
- Unique built-in Quality Assurance (QA) functionality permits progress to be tracked and checked
Uses a flexible schematic component-based approach that enables you to quickly assemble HVAC plant and control systems.
Calculate heat and cooling loads based on the ASHRAE Heat Balance method and link to SunCast and ApacheHVAC modules.
Calculate heat loss and gain calculations based on the CIBSE Guide.